Players have to be playing in the adult role to obtain and take care of the Starter Egg. The first task will always be feeding. There will be a free sandwich every time you join the game and the game will inform you on how to feed the starter egg a sandwich. This egg is not limited, nor reobtainable.
The appearance of the Starter Egg is a round, white egg featuring a black graduation hat with a golden tassel on the top.
- The Starter Egg is the first egg that has a 100% chance of hatching into a common pet, with the second one being the Easter 2020 Egg.
- As of the Dress Your Pets Live Event, players can no longer name their eggs.
- The Starter Egg's appearance is similar to the Pet Egg, but the Starter Egg has a small graduation hat, which cannot be removed.
- The Starter Egg cannot be traded.
- There is blue cursive writing on the tassel reading 2016, which was the year before Adopt Me! was released.