Pets in Adopt Me! are cute, adoptable animals that players can care for. They were added in the June 2019 update (Summer Update), though the "Pets" section of the backpack was added long before that. Hatching Eggs is the primary way of unlocking pets and operate similarly to Gifts (but take longer to hatch).
Nowadays, new players who enter the Nursery for the first time will receive a free Starter Egg (which will only hatch into a Cat or a Dog), although it was possible to obtain Pink Eggs and Blue Eggs before the official Pet Update. The Pink Egg was attainable by being in the game during the countdown for the Pet Update. The Blue Egg was attainable by receiving a Broken Egg (Legendary) from Eggburt before the Pet Update was released. Pink Eggs hatched into Pink Cats and Blue Eggs hatched into Blue Dogs. Pink Eggs, Blue Eggs, Pink Cats, and Blue Dogs are no longer available but can still be obtained by trading.
After a player obtains their own Starter Egg, they can purchase Cracked Eggs (Common), Pet Eggs (Rare) Aussie Eggs (Legendary), and Royal Eggs (Legendary) which usually hatch into different pets. Cracked Eggs have the lowest chance of hatching into legendary Unicorns or Dragons, and Royal Eggs have the highest chance. Special temporary Eggs, such as Christmas Eggs, have been released for certain events. In the nursery, there is a Gumball Machine where limited eggs can be obtained, such as the Safari Egg (no longer available), Jungle Egg (no longer available), Farm Egg (no longer available) and the Aussie Egg, can still be bought/obtained. All of them could/can be bought for 750 bucks.
Types of Eggs
You can purchase the 'Hatch Egg Now' for 45 per egg (which hatches the egg instantly), or you can complete the egg's needs until it is ready to hatch.
|Egg||Cost||Chance of hatching a legendary||Rarity||Available Right Now?|
|Starter Egg||0 Bucks (can only be obtained once)||N/A||Common||✓ (Cannot Be Bought)|
|Blue Egg||100 Bucks||N/A||Rare||✗|
|Pink Egg||100 Bucks||N/A||Rare||✗|
|Cracked Egg||350 Bucks||1.5%||Common||✓|
|Pet Egg||600 Bucks||3%||Rare||✓|
|Royal Egg||1,450 Bucks||8%||Legendary||✓|
|Christmas Egg||1440 or 4300 Gingerbread (Only obtainable during Christmas event)||1.5%; Players have a 30% chance of getting one from a Christmas gift, which costs 1,440 Gingerbread. Additionally, players have an 80% chance of getting one from a Golden Gift, which costs 4,300 Gingerbread.||Legendary||✗|
||Golden Egg: 660 Stars
Diamond Egg: 1,320 Stars
|Players have a 100% chance of getting a legendary.||Legendary||✓|
|Easter 2020 Egg||0 Bucks (can only be obtained once)||N/A||Common||✓|
Types of Pets
There are 5 types of pets: common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, and legendary. What kind of pet you get is mostly dependent on chance; the more expensive your egg is, the greater chance you have of hatching rarer pets. There are currently 48 total pets you can hatch.
You only can get Safari pets from the Safari Eggs; likewise, you can only get Jungle pets from Jungle Eggs. This pattern continues with other limited Eggs such as the Christmas Egg, Farm Egg, and Aussie Egg.
However, there are some pets that cannot be hatched from eggs.
The pets that cannot hatch from eggs are the following: Horse, Griffin, Penguin, Golden Penguin, Sloth, Zombie Buffalo, Shadow Dragon, Bat Dragon, Evil Unicorn, Bee, King Bee, Queen Bee, Frost Dragon, Elf Hedgehog, Elf Shrew, Reindeer, Santa Dog, Panda, Rat, Golden Rat.
|Uncommon||Blue Dog***||Chocolate Labrador||Fennec Fox||Pink Cat***||Puma||Snow Cat||Meerkat*|
|Black Panther*||Capybara*||Silly Duck*||Drake*||Wolf*||Dingo||Pet Rock|
|Rare||Beaver||Rabbit||Elephant*||Hyena*||Bunny||Snow Puma||Brown Bear*|
|Cow*||Pig*||Swan*||Polar Bear*||Reindeer*||Elf Shrew*||Rat***|
|Ultra-rare||Flamingo*||Horse**||Lion*||Red Panda||Shiba Inu||Penguin**||Crocodile*|
|Sloth**||Zombie Buffalo*||Bee||Turkey*||Llama*||Arctic Fox*||Elf Hedgehog*|
|Santa Dog **||Panda**||Koala||Frog||Ginger Cat||Toucan||Starfish|
|Legendary||Dragon||Giraffe*||Griffin||Unicorn||Golden Penguin**||Parrot*||Shadow Dragon**|
|Bat Dragon*||King Bee**||Queen Bee**||Owl*||Crow*||Frost Dragon**||Arctic Reindeer*|
|Turtle||Kangaroo||Golden Unicorn||Golden Griffin||Golden Dragon||Diamond Unicorn||Diamond Griffin|
* Safari pets; can only be obtained from Safari Eggs.
* Jungle pets; can only be obtained from Jungle Eggs.
* Farm Pets; can only be obtained from Farm Eggs.
* Can only be obtained during Halloween Event (2019)
* Can only be obtained from Christmas Eggs given during Christmas Event (2019) (Reindeer is given through advent calendar, Elf Shrew and Hedgehog are bought with gingerbread)
** Can only be obtained with Robux. The horse costs 300, Griffin 600, Penguin and Golden Penguin 225 (Golden Goldfish), Sloth 199, Shadow Dragon 1000 (only available in 2019 Halloween Event), King, Queen, or Normal Bee 199 per honey, Frost Dragon is 1000 (only available during the 2019 Christmas Event) and the Panda 249
*** Can only be obtained from a special egg. The blue dog can only be hatched from a blue egg, and the pink cat can only be hatched from a pink egg. The rats can only be obtained from a Rat Box bought during Lunar New Year (2020).
(Please note that Pets from the Safari Eggs, Jungle Eggs, Halloween event, Christmas egg, Christmas event, Pink Egg and Blue Egg are unavailable at this current time, unless you trade someone who has it.)
*Golden pets can only be obtained from the Golden Egg.
*Diamond pets can only be obtained from the Diamond Egg.
Ages & Tricks
Once your egg hatches, you can continue fulfilling its needs to age it up. Each stage of your pet's life offers new tricks. The Penguin, Golden Penguin, Parrot, Sloth, Bee, Arctic Reindeer, Shadow Dragon, and Elf Hedgehog have special tricks that are different than other pets.
|Age||Trick unlocked||Special Tricks|
|Teen||Roll Over||Handstand, Dance 1|
|Post-teen||Backflip||Dance 1. Twirl Around, Trick 1, Dive, Dance 2|
|Full-grown||Dance||Shadow Breath, Frost Breath, Triple Flip, Dance 2, Trick 2, Dance 3|
Special Pet Items
- Main article: Ride-A-Pet Potion
Pets can be made permanently rideable if they are given a Ride-A-Pet Potion. This Ride-A-Pet Potion is available for 150 Robux; it can be bought through the 'Shop' menu or inside the Potion Shop. You must buy a potion for every single pet that you want to make permanently rideable.
If a parent is riding a pet, the pet will grow bigger to accommodate the parent's size. If a baby is riding the pet, the pet will stay at its normal size.
Main Article: Fly-A-Pet Potion
Pets can be made permanently flyable (allowing the player to sit on the pet and fly it) if they are given Fly-A-Pet Potion. This Potion is available for 295 Robux; it can be bought through the 'Shop' menu or inside the Potion Shop. You must buy a potion for every single pet that you want to make permanently flyable; both Fly and Ride potions can be used on the same pet to make the pet flyable and rideable.
If a pet is in flying mode, it will grow white wings with a pink trail, unless its original state had wings (such as the Robin, Crow, Shadow Dragon, Parrot, etc.), which it will use as its "flying" wings. The Arctic Reindeer , Pet Rock, and Reindeer pets do not need wings to fly and as such, don't gain any.
- Main article: Neon Pets
As of July 13th, 2019, it is possible to get neon pets. In order to do so, you must place four fully-grown pets of the same type into the slots in the newly added cave located under the main bridge. They will combine to create one neon pet, a special variation of the pet in which some of its parts glow a special color. All pets can be made neon.
To make a neon pet rideable or flyable, you will either only need one rideable/flyable pet for it, or you can alternatively feed it a Ride-A-Pet Potion or Fly-A-Pet Potion after turning them into a neon pet.
- Main article: Golden Goldfish
On August 23, 2019, Golden Goldfish were added so that you could tame Penguins. Golden Goldfish cost 225 Robux. Penguins are only found inside the Ice Cream Parlour. You only have a 1 in 10 (10%) chance of taming a Golden Penguin; the other 9 out of 10 times (90%) you will tame a normal Penguin. Go to the main Golden Goldfish page here.
- Main article: Honey
As with Golden Goldfishes, you can use Honey to tame a Bee. You can have a 1 in 40 (2.5%) chance of taming a Queen Bee. You have a 4 in 40 (10%) chance of obtaining a King Bee. You have a 35 in 40 (87.5%) chance of obtaining a regular Bee.
- Main article: Rat Box
In the Lunar New Year (2020) event, players can purchase a Rat Box for 345 Bucks at the Lunar New Year Platform. They have a 14 in 15 (93.33%) chance of getting a Rat and a 1 in 15 (6.66%) chance of getting a Golden Rat.
- All the rares (except the Reindeer), uncommons, and commons can be hatched from eggs.
- However, the Robin, Wolf, Hyena, Elephant, Meerkat, Wild Boar, Chicken, Silly Duck, Drake, Cow, Pig, Brown Bear, Rhino, Blue Dog, and Pink Cat are limited pets and could only be obtained from limited and discontinued eggs.
- There is a pet in Adopt Me that is called a Pet Rock. It can only be obtained temporarily in the April Fools 2020 Event. It is the only uncommon pet to be fly and ride automatically and can not be hatched by an egg.
|Adopt Me! Wikia Navigation|
|Baby Shop||Baby Bottles • Baby Formula • Balloon Stroller • Car Stroller • Colored Stroller • Doge Rattle • Double Stroller • Droplet Stroller • Duck Rattle • Rainbow Stroller • Rattle • Rocket Ship Stroller • Squid Rattle • Throne Stroller • Unicorn Rattle|
|Car Dealership||Bike • Car • Convertible • Moped • Motorcycle • Multi-Bike • Offroader|
|Coffee Shop||Coffee • Cookie • Tea|
|Fun Shop||Box Blocks • Heart Balloon • Heart Plushies • Hula Hoop • Pogo Stick • Teddy Bear|
|Gamepass||Celebrity Mansion • DJ • Heart Hoverboard • Mermaid Mansion •|
|Ice Cream Shop||Cone • Blue Ice Cream • Brown Ice Cream • Green Ice Cream • Pink Ice Cream • Purple Ice Cream • Red Ice Cream • White Ice Cream|
|Pizza Shop||Pizza Dough • Cheese • Pepperoni • Peppers • Sauce|
|Supermarket||Apple • Blueberry Pie • Burger • Cake • Cheese • Chocolate Milk • Ham • Hotdog • Popcorn • Sandwich • Soda • Taco • Water • Watermelon|
|Guide||Rules and Guidelines|