Pets were released in the June 2019 update (Summer Update), though the 'Pets' section of the backpack was added long before that. Hatching Eggs is the primary way of unlocking pets and operate similarly to Gifts but take longer to hatch. Players can also buy some pets using Robux.
Types of Pets
There are 5 main types of pets in these ranks: common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, and legendary. What kind of pet you get is mostly dependent on chance; the more expensive your egg is, the greater chance players have of hatching rarer pets. There are currently 62 total pets players can hatch.
Another type of pet is 'Event' which is a temporary pet that is removed from all inventories after period of time. The only event pet as of now is Scoob. Event pets age as fast as common pets, and in inventory, are classified with common items, pets, and vehicles. Although the Pet Rock wasn't an event pet, it was an uncommon pet. Event pets are not put on the Nursery board, but the Pet Rock has.
Players only can get Safari pets from the Safari Eggs; likewise, they can only get Jungle pets from Jungle Eggs. This pattern continues with other limited Eggs such as the Christmas Egg, Farm Egg, and Aussie Egg.
The pets that cannot hatch from eggs are the following: Horse, Griffin, Penguin, Golden Penguin, Sloth, Zombie Buffalo, Shadow Dragon, Bat Dragon, Evil Unicorn, Bee, King Bee, Queen Bee, Frost Dragon, Elf Hedgehog, Elf Shrew, Reindeer, Santa Dog, Panda, Rat, Golden Rat, Monkey, Business Monkey, Toy Monkey, Ninja Monkey, Albino Monkey, and Monkey King.
1 Safari pets; can only be obtained from Safari Eggs
2 Jungle pets; can only be obtained from Jungle Eggs
3 Farm Pets; can only be obtained from Farm Eggs
H Could only have been obtained during the Halloween Event (2019)
C Could only have been obtained during the Christmas Event (2019)
B Can only be obtained from the Monkey Boxes.
- Note: Pets from the Safari Egg, Jungle Egg, Halloween Event, Christmas Egg, Pink Egg, and Blue Egg are currently unavailable unless you trade someone who has it.
* Can only be obtained from a limited special egg. The Blue Dog can only be hatched from a Blue Egg, and the Pink Cat can only be hatched from a Pink Egg. The rats can only be obtained from Rat Boxes bought during the Lunar New Year (2020) event.
R Has to be bought with Robux
These are pets that cost Robux to get; some of which are unavailable and can only be acquired through trading.
|Penguin||Ultra-Rare||225 (90% Chance With a Golden Goldfish)||✓|
|Golden Penguin||Legendary||225 (10% Chance With a Golden Goldfish)||✓|
|Shadow Dragon||Legendary||1000||✗ Only obtainable during the 2019 Halloween Event|
|King Bee||Legendary||199 (10% Chance With Honey)||✓|
|Queen Bee||Legendary||199 (2.5% Chance With Honey)||✓|
|Bee||Ultra-Rare||199 (87.5% Chance With Honey)||✓|
|Frost Dragon||Legendary||1000||✗ Only obtainable during the 2019 Christmas Event|
|Albino Monkey||Legendary||195 (10% Chance With Premium Monkey Box)||✓ Only obtainable during the Monkey Fairground Event|
|Monkey King||Legendary||195 (5% chance for Staff from Premium Monkey Box | Requires 3 Staffs)||✓ Only obtainable during the Monkey Fairground Event|
Halloween and Christmas Events
During Christmas and Halloween, players could also get pets by collecting a currency. The currency was Candy for Halloween and Gingerbread for Christmas.
During Christmas, players could buy a Christmas Gift or Golden Gift with Gingerbread and open it. If they unboxed a Christmas Egg, they could then hatch the egg into a Robin, Wolf, Polar Bear, Swan, Arctic Fox, or an Arctic Reindeer. Players could also use Gingerbread to buy an Elf Shrew (Shrew) and Elf Hedgehog (Hedgehog), or spend 1,000 for the Frost Dragon or 250 for a Santa Dog (Dalmatian).
Monkey Fairground Event
When the Monkey Fairground update was released, players could get a Monkey from Monkey Boxes, which are classified as Gifts. There was a chance of getting an Albino Monkey from Premium Monkey Boxes, which cost 195.
Ages & Tricks
Once your egg hatches, players can continue fulfilling its needs to age it up. Each stage of your pet's life offers new tricks. The Penguin, Crow, Golden Penguin, Llama, Parrot, Sloth, all Bees, Arctic Reindeer, Reindeer, Pet Rock, Scoob, Shadow Dragon, Frost Dragon, Elf Hedgehog (Hedgehog), Kangaroo and Monkey have special tricks that are different than other pets.
|#||Age||Trick unlocked||Special Tricks|
|2||Junior||Lay Down||Play dead|
|3||Pre-Teen||Bounce||Beg, Joy, Scared, Stay|
|4||Teen||Roll Over||Handstand, Dance 1, Erode, Joyful|
|5||Post-Teen||Backflip||Sideflip, Dance 1. Twirl Around, Trick 1, Dive, Dance 2, Sit Still|
|6||Full Grown||Dance||Shadow Breath, Frost Breath, Triple Flip, Dance 2, Trick 2, Dance 3, Think|
Special Pet Items
- Main article: Ride-A-Pet Potion
Pets can be made permanently rideable if they are given a Ride-A-Pet Potion. This Ride-A-Pet Potion is available for 150; it can be bought through the 'Shop' menu or inside the Potion Shop. You must buy a potion for every single pet that you want to make permanently rideable.
If a parent is riding a pet, the pet will grow bigger to accommodate the parent's size. If a baby is riding the pet, the pet will stay at its normal size.
Main Article: Fly-A-Pet Potion
Pets can be made permanently flyable (allowing the player to sit on the pet and fly it) if they are given a Fly-A-Pet Potion. This Potion is available for 295; it can be bought through the 'Shop' menu or inside the Potion Shop. You must buy a potion for every single pet that you want to make permanently flyable; both Fly and Ride potions can be used on the same pet to make the pet flyable and rideable.
If a pet is in flying mode, it will grow white wings with a pink trail, unless its original state had wings (such as the Robin, Crow, Shadow Dragon, Parrot, etc.), which it will use as its "flying" wings. The Arctic Reindeer, Pet Rock, and Reindeer pets do not need wings to fly and as such, don't gain any.
- Main article: Neon PetsAs of July 13th, 2019, it is possible to get Neon pets. In order to do so, you must place four fully-grown pets of the same type into the slots in the cave located under the main bridge. They will combine to create one neon pet, a special variation of the pet in which some of its parts glow a special color. All pets can be made neon, except non-tradeable pets like the Chick, the Scoob, or Pet Rock.
To make a Neon pet rideable or flyable, you will either only need one rideable/flyable pet for it, or you can alternatively feed it a Ride-A-Pet Potion or Fly-A-Pet Potion after turning them into a Neon pet.
Mega Neon Pet
Main article: Mega Neons
Mega Neon Pets are pets in Adopt Me! that were released on April 17, 2020. To get a Mega Neon pet, a player must place four fully-grown Neon pets of the same type into the slots in the cave under the main bridge. These pets will then combine to create a Mega Neon Pet. These pets glow rainbow (changing colors gradually). All pets (except the Scoob, Pet Rock, and Chick) can become a Mega Neon.
The same with Neon pets, you only need one Neon pet to make it fly or ride, and one pet out of that Neon to be fly or ride, so really, you only need 1 out of 16 to be fly or ride. You can also feed them a Ride-A-Pet Potion or a Fly-A-Pet Potion after you transform them.
- Main article: Golden Goldfish
On August 23, 2019, Golden Goldfish were added so that players could tame Penguins. Golden Goldfish cost 225. Penguins are only found inside the Ice Cream Parlor. Players only have a 1 in 10 (10%) chance of taming a Golden Penguin; the other 9 out of 10 times (90%) you will tame a normal Penguin.
- Main article: Honey
As with Golden Goldfish, players can use Honey to tame a Bee. It costs 199. Players can have a 1 in 40 (2.5%) chance of taming a Queen Bee. You have a 4 in 40 (10%) chance of obtaining a King Bee. You have a 35 in 40 (87.5%) chance of obtaining a regular Bee.
- Main article: Rat BoxIn the Lunar New Year (2020) event, players could purchase a Rat Box for 345 Bucks at the Lunar New Year Platform. You have a 14 in 15 (93.33%) chance of getting a Rat and a 1 in 15 (6.66%) chance of getting a Golden Rat.
- All the uncommon and common pets can be hatched from eggs.
- However, the Robin, Wolf, Meerkat, Wild Boar, Chicken, Silly Duck, Drake, Blue Dog, and Pink Cat are limited pets and could only be obtained from limited and discontinued eggs.
- There was a pet in Adopt Me! that is called a Pet Rock. It can only be obtained temporarily in the April Fools 2020 Event. It is the only uncommon pet to be fly and ride without needing to feed it a potion and one of the only pets that cannot be hatched by an egg.
- On May 4, 2020, a temporarily available pet called a Scoob was added into the game. Scoob is the second pet that is flyable and rideable without feeding it a potion, the first one being the Pet Rock. It is a reference to the TV show Scooby-Doo and was created to promote the Scoob! movie. By making a Scoob fully grown, the player obtains detective pet wear. It disappeared after May 18, 2020. It was the only pet of the Event rarity so far.