Pets were released in the June 2019 update (Summer Update); however, the 'Pets' section of the backpack was added long before that. Hatching Eggs is the primary way of unlocking pets and operate similarly to Gifts but take longer to hatch. Players can also buy some specific types of pets using Robux or event currencies. Pets can also be favorited by selecting them and clicking the star without holding them which causes it to equip the pet.
- 1 Types of Pets
- 2 Events
- 3 Ages & Tricks
- 4 Special Pet Items
- 5 Trivia
Types of Pets
There are 5 main types of pets in these ranks: common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, and legendary. The kind of pet players get is mostly dependent on chance; the more expensive an egg is, the greater chance players have of hatching rarer pets. There are currently 74 total pets players can hatch from eggs.
Another type of pet is 'Event' which is a temporary pet that is removed from all inventories after period of time. The three event pets as of now are Scoob, Pumpkin (Pet) and 2D Kitty. Event pets age as fast as common pets, and in the inventory, they are classified with common items, pets, and vehicles. Although the Pet Rock wasn't an event pet, it was an uncommon pet. Event pets are not put on the Nursery board, but the Pet Rock has.
Players can only get Safari pets from the Safari Eggs; likewise, they can only get Jungle pets from Jungle Eggs. This pattern continues with other limited Eggs such as the Christmas Egg, Farm Egg, Aussie Egg, Fossil Egg, Ocean Egg, and Mythic Egg.
The pets that cannot hatch from eggs are the following: Horse, Griffin, Penguin, Golden Penguin, Sloth, Zombie Buffalo, Shadow Dragon, Bat Dragon, Evil Unicorn, Bee, King Bee, Queen Bee, Frost Dragon, Elf Hedgehog, Elf Shrew, Reindeer, Santa Dog, Panda, Rat, Golden Rat, Monkey, Business Monkey, Toy Monkey, Ninja Monkey, Albino Monkey, Monkey King, Pet Rock, Scoob, Kitsune, Ginger Cat, Toucan, Starfish, Bat, Albino Bat, Pumpkin (Pet), Ghost Bunny, Skele-Rex, Cerberus, Robo Dog, Snowman, Lynx, Musk Ox, Yeti, Snow Owl, Frost Fury, Ox, Lunar Ox, Metal Ox, Guardian Lion, Ladybug, Golden Ladybug, Diamond Ladybug, 2D Kitty, Peacock, Lamb, Red Squirrel, Cobra, 2021 Uplift Butterfly, Axolotl, Halloween Black Mummy Cat, Halloween Blue Scorpion, Halloween Evil Dachshund, Halloween White Mummy Cat, Halloween White Skeleton Dog, Halloween Golden Mummy Cat, Halloween White Ghost Dragon, Walrus, Summer Walrus, Golden Walrus, Snow Leopard, Husky, Puffin, St Bernard, and the Ice Golem.
1 Safari Egg pets; can only be obtained from Safari Eggs.
2 Jungle Egg pets; can only be obtained from Jungle Eggs.
3 Farm Egg pets; can only be obtained from Farm Eggs.
4 Aussie Egg pets; can only be obtained from Aussie Eggs.
5 Fossil Egg pets; can only be obtained from Fossil Eggs.
6 Ocean Egg pets; can only be obtained from Ocean Eggs.
7 Mythic Egg pets; can only be obtained from Mythic Eggs.
* Can only be obtained from a limited special egg or gift. The Blue Dog can only be hatched from a Blue Egg, and the Pink Cat can only be hatched from a Pink Egg. The Rat and Golden Rat can only be obtained from Rat Boxes that could be purchased during the Lunar New Year (2020) event. The Chick can only be hatched from the Easter 2020 Egg. The Ox, Lunar Ox and Metal Ox can only be obtained from Ox Boxes that could be purchased during the Lunar New Year (2021) event.
R Has to be bought with Robux.
- Note: Pets from the Safari Egg, Jungle Egg, Farm Egg, Aussie Egg, Fossil Egg, Halloween Event (2019), Christmas Egg, Pink Egg, Blue Egg, Lunar New Year (2020), and Monkey Fairground Event, Halloween Event (2020) (with the exception of the Cerberus), Winter Holiday (2020), Lunar New Year (2021) (with the exception of the Guardian Lion), Easter Event (2021), and Halloween Event (2021) are currently unavailable unless through trading with someone who owns the pet.
These are pets that cost Robux; some of which are unavailable and can only be acquired through trading.
|Penguin||Ultra-Rare||225 (90% Chance With a Golden Goldfish)||✓|
|Golden Penguin||Legendary||225 (10% Chance With a Golden Goldfish)||✓|
Only obtainable during the 2019 Halloween Event.
|King Bee||Legendary||199 (10% Chance With Honey)||✓|
|Queen Bee||Legendary||199 (2.5% Chance With Honey)||✓|
|Bee||Ultra-Rare||199 (87.5% Chance With Honey)||✓|
Only obtainable during the 2019 Christmas Event.
|Albino Monkey||Legendary||195 (10% Chance With Premium Monkey Box)||✗|
Only obtainable during the Monkey Fairground Event.
|Monkey King||Legendary||195 (5% chance for Staff Ingredient from Premium Monkey Box | Requires 3 Staff Ingredients)||✗|
Only obtainable during the Monkey Fairground Event.
Only obtainable during the Winter Holiday (2020).
|Golden Ladybug||Legendary||199 (10% Chance With Diamond Lavender)||✓|
|Diamond Ladybug||Legendary||199 (2.5% Chance With Diamond Lavender).||✓|
|Ladybug||Ultra-Rare||199 (87.5% Chance With Diamond Lavender).||✓|
Only obtainable during the Easter Event (2021).
|Halloween White Ghost Dragon||Legendary||1,000||✗|
Only obtainable during the Halloween Event (2021).
Only obtainable during the Winter Holiday (2021).
The pets in the Pet Shop that cost Robux are available all year round. This includes the Sloth, Panda, Kitsune, Cerberus, Guardian Lion, Peacock, Red Squirrel, Cobra, and Axolotl. The Horse, Griffin, and the Robo Dog left the game on January 6, 2022.
Halloween and Christmas Events
During Christmas and Halloween, players could also get pets by collecting a currency. The currency was Candy for Halloween and Gingerbread for Christmas.
During the Halloween Event (2020), players could obtain the Bat and Albino Bat from Bat Boxes. They could also obtain the Ghost Bunny and Skele-Rex for Candy. The Cerberus was also introduced and cost 600. Finally, the Pumpkin (Pet) could be obtained by playing the Pumpkin Smash mini-game during the event, however it left players' inventories after the event ended.
During the Christmas Event (2019), players could buy a Christmas Gift or Golden Gift with Gingerbread and open it. If they unboxed a Christmas Egg, they could then hatch the egg into a Robin, Wolf, Polar Bear, Swan, Arctic Fox, or an Arctic Reindeer. Players could also use Gingerbread to buy an Elf Shrew (Shrew) and Elf Hedgehog (Hedgehog), or spend 1,000 for the Frost Dragon or 250 for a Santa Dog (Dalmatian).
Winter Holiday (2020)
During the Winter Holiday (2020), players could purchase the Snowman, Lynx, Musk Ox, Yeti, and Snow Owl with Gingerbread, which was the event's currency. Players could also purchase the Frost Fury for 800 each.
Monkey Fairground Event
When the Monkey Fairground update was released, players could get a Monkey from Monkey Boxes, which are classified as Gifts. There was a chance of getting an Albino Monkey from Premium Monkey Boxes, which cost 195.
Ages & Tricks
Once your egg hatches, players can continue fulfilling its needs to age it up. Each stage of your pet's life offers new tricks. The Penguin, Crow, Golden Penguin, Llama, Parrot, Sloth, all Bees, Arctic Reindeer, Reindeer, Pet Rock, Scoob, Shadow Dragon, Frost Dragon, Elf Hedgehog (Hedgehog), Kangaroo, Turtle, and Monkey have special tricks that are different than other pets.
|#||Age||Trick unlocked||Special Tricks|
|2||Junior||Lay down||Play dead|
|3||Pre-Teen||Bounce||Beg, Joy, Scared, Stay|
|4||Teen||Roll Over||Handstand, Dance 1, Erode, Joyful|
|5||Post-Teen||Backflip||Sideflip, Dance 1. Twirl Around, Trick 1, Dive, Dance 2, Sit Still|
|6||Full Grown||Dance||Shadow Breath, Frost Breath, Triple Flip, Dance 2, Trick 2, Dance 3, Think|
Special Pet Items
- Main article: Ride-A-Pet Potion
Pets can be made permanently rideable if they are given a Ride-A-Pet Potion. This Ride-A-Pet Potion is available for 150; it can be bought through the 'Shop' menu or inside the Potion Shop. Players must buy a potion for every single pet that you want to make permanently rideable.
If a parent is riding a pet, the pet will grow bigger to accommodate the parent's size. If a baby is riding the pet, the pet will stay at its normal size.
- Main article: Fly-A-Pet Potion
Pets can be made permanently flyable (allowing the player to sit on the pet and fly it) if they are given a Fly-A-Pet Potion. This Potion is available for 295; it can be bought through the 'Shop' menu or inside the Potion Shop. Players must buy a potion for every single pet that you want to make permanently flyable; both Fly-A-Pet and Ride-A-Pet Potions can be used on the same pet to make the pet flyable and rideable.
If a pet is in flying mode, it will grow white wings with a pink trail, unless its original state had wings (such as the Robin, Crow, Shadow Dragon, Parrot, etc.), which it will use as its "flying" wings. The Arctic Reindeer, Pet Rock, Reindeer, Ghost Bunny and Frost Fury pets do not need wings to fly and as such, don't gain any.
- Main article: Neon Pets
As of July 13th, 2019, it is possible to get Neon pets. In order to do so, you must place four fully-grown pets of the same type into the slots in the Neon Cave located under the main bridge. They will combine to create one neon pet, a special variation of the pet in which some of its parts glow a special color. All pets can be made neon, except non-tradable pets like the Chick, the Scoob, Pumpkin (Pet), Pet Rock, and 2D Kitty.
To make a Neon pet rideable or flyable, you will either only need one rideable/flyable pet for it, or you can alternatively feed it a Ride-A-Pet Potion or Fly-A-Pet Potion after turning them into a Neon pet.
Mega Neon Pet
- Main article: Mega Neons
Mega Neon Pets are pets in Adopt Me! that were released on April 17, 2020. To get a Mega Neon pet, a player must place four fully-grown Neon pets of the same type into the slots in the Neon Cave located under the main bridge. These pets will then combine to create a Mega Neon Pet. These pets glow rainbow (changing colors gradually). All pets (except the Scoob, Pet Rock, Pumpkin (Pet) and Chick) can become a Mega Neon.
The same with Neon pets, you only need one Neon pet to make it fly or ride, and one pet out of that Neon to be fly or ride, so really, you only need 1 out of 16 to be fly or ride. You can also feed them a Ride-A-Pet Potion or a Fly-A-Pet Potion after you transform them.
- Main article: Golden Goldfish
On August 23, 2019, Golden Goldfish were added so that players could tame Penguins. Golden Goldfish cost 225. Penguins are only found inside the Ice Cream Parlor. Players only have a 1 in 10 (10%) chance of taming a Golden Penguin; the other 9 out of 10 times (90%) you will tame a normal Penguin.
- Main article: Honey
As with Golden Goldfish, players can use Honey to tame a Bee. It costs 199. Players can have a 1 in 40 (2.5%) chance of taming a Queen Bee, a 4 in 40 (10%) chance of obtaining a King Bee and a 35 in 40 (87.5%) chance of obtaining a regular Bee.
- Main article: Diamond Lavender
Similar to Golden Goldfish and Honey, players can use Diamond Lavender to tame a Ladybug. It costs 199. Players can have a 1 in 40 (2.5%) chance of taming a Diamond Ladybug, a 4 in 40 (10%) chance of obtaining a Golden Ladybug and a 35 in 40 (87.5%) chance of obtaining a regular Ladybug.
- Main article: Rat Box
In the Lunar New Year (2020) event, players could purchase a Rat Box for 345 at the Lunar New Year Platform. Players have a 14 in 15 (93.33%) chance of getting a Rat and a 1 in 15 (6.66%) chance of getting a Golden Rat.
- Main article: Bat Box
In the Halloween Event (2020) event, players could purchase a Bat Box for 1,000 in the Halloween Shop. Players have a 4 in 5 (80%) chance of getting a Bat and a 1 in 5 (20%) chance of getting an Albino Bat.
- Main article: Ox Box
During the Lunar New Year (2021) event, players could purchase an Ox Box for 350 at the Lunar New Year Platform. Players have a 6 in 10 (60%) chance of getting an Ox and a 3 in 10 (30%) chance of getting a Lunar Ox and a 1 in 10 (10%) chance of getting a Metal Ox from an Ox Box.
Halloween Mummy Cat Box
- Main article: Halloween Mummy Cat Box
During the Halloween Event (2021) event, players could purchase a Halloween Mummy Cat Box for 600 in the Halloween Shop. Players have a 70% chance of getting a Halloween Black Mummy Cat, a 25% chance of getting a Halloween White Mummy Cat and a 5% chance of getting a Halloween Golden Mummy Cat.
- Main article: Walrus Box
In the Winter Holiday (2021) event, players can purchase a Walrus Box for 15,000. Players have a 70% chance of getting a Walrus, a 26% chance of getting a Summer Walrus, and a 4% chance of getting a Golden Walrus from a Walrus Box.
- There was a pet in Adopt Me! that was called a Pet Rock. It could only be obtained temporarily in the April Fools 2020 Event. It is the only uncommon pet to be fly and ride without needing to feed it a potion and one of the only pets that cannot be hatched by an egg.
- On May 4, 2020, a temporarily available pet called a Scoob was added into the game. Scoob is the second pet that is flyable and rideable without feeding it a potion, the first one being the Pet Rock. It is a reference to the TV show Scooby-Doo and was created to promote the Scoob! movie. By making a Scoob fully grown, the player obtains detective pet wear. It disappeared after May 18, 2020. It was the first pet with the 'Event' rarity.
- On October 28, 2020, a temporary available pet called Pumpkin was added into the game. It could be obtained by playing the Pumpkin Smash mini game from the Halloween 2020 event. Pumpkin is the third pet that is flyable and rideable without feeding it a potion, the first being Pet Rock, second being the Scoob pet, and fourth being the 2D Kitty. It was later removed November 11, 2020.
- With the Backpack Update on April 20, 2021, players could organize their inventory, and their pets would be grouped into bundles. If they wanted to equip a pet, they had to click on the specific pet, and click "Equip".