The Octopus is a limited legendary pet which was added to Adopt Me! alongside the Ocean Egg on April 16, 2021. It was removed from game on August 19, 2021, and can only be obtained through hatching an Ocean Egg, or through trading. Players have a 5% chance of hatching a legendary pet from the Ocean Egg, but only a 2.5% chance of hatching an Octopus.
The Octopus features a salmon-colored body with eight tentacles and a pastel yellow underbelly. It has two large beady black eyes. Underneath each tentacle, there are two suckers.
Below are the tricks the Octopus learns in order:
- Newborn - Sit
- Junior - Joyful
- Pre-Teen - Beg
- Teen - Jump
- Post-Teen - Trick 1
- Full-Grown - Trick 2
The Neon Octopus has a yellow glow underneath its tentacles and ears.
Mega Neon Appearance
- The Octopus has a toy counterpart called the Octopus Plush. This counterpart, however, only shares a similar name and does not bear a similar appearance.
- The Octopus is unable to wear any shoe accessories.
- Along with the Octopus, the Shark, Squid, Arctic Reindeer, Pumpkin, Pet Rock, Ghost Bunny, Frost Fury, Stingray, Mechapup, Dolphin, Narwhal, Seahorse, Clownfish, Ice Golem, Reindeer, Capricorn, Space Whale, and the Dancing Dragon are the only non-bird pets that do not have wings after being fed a Fly-A-Pet Potion. They still fly normally, just without wings and almost as if they were floating through the air, or alternatively, riding in the air.
- When riding or flying/floating through the air, the Octopus has a bobbing motion.
- The Octopus is one of two legendary pets that players can obtain from the Ocean Egg, the other one being the Shark.
- The Octopus and Squid are the only cephalopod pets in Adopt Me! for now.