Neon Pets are a unique, glowing type of pet in Adopt Me!.
Players can make neon pets in the Neon Cave. They can merge four fully grown pets of the same species.
Inside the Neon Cave, players can fuse spirits of their pets by placing four full-grown pets of the same type, onto the four glowing circles around the edge of the platform, causing them to coalesce and become one pet. The new pet will have glowing 'neon' in different spots of their body. All Neon pets will have their body glow in different places.
Players cannot change the color of the neon spots on their pets; the color of the neon spots is unique to that type of pet. To make the pet full-grown, players complete tasks to get the pets from Newborn, to Junior, to Pre-Teen, to Teen, to Post-Teen, until they finally reach Full Grown and are eligible for neon making.
The only pets that cannot be made into neons are the Pet Rock, Scoob, Chick, Pumpkin (Pet), and 2D Kitty because they were limited, therefore deleted after a certain time, although a member of Adopt Me!'s staff was seen with a Neon Pet Rock.
When a player ages up a regular neon pet, each stage has a different name. The amount of tasks needed to reach the next stage are the same as the corresponding stage in a regular pet. These are what each neon stage stands for in a regular pet.
- Reborn - Newborn
- Twinkle - Junior
- Sparkle - Pre-Teen
- Flare - Teen
- Sunshine - Post-Teen
- Luminous - Full Grown
- Is my Neon Pet going to be able to fly and a ride, if only one of my pets has the potion?
- Yes, once all pets have been aged up to Full Grown/Luminous.
- For example, if a player fed their pet a Fly-A-Pet Potion, and then that pet is made into a neon pet, the pet will be neon and flyable since the potion states it lasts forever.
- Neon Pets were part of an update and were not part of Adopt Me! when it was first released. The Mega Neon Pets update was released on April 17, 2020.
- Some pets, like the Parrot and Unicorn, will glow in multiple colors.
- Prior to the Mega Neons update, the abilities of the neon pets were classified in alphabetical order. This means that the pet's icon showed FNR instead of NFR.