Neon Pets are a unique type of pet in Adopt Me!.
Players can make a Neon Pet when they combine four fully grown pets of the same type, for example, four dogs, in the Neon Cave below the main bridge, which lies between the Neighborhood and the Nursery. They will fuse spirits and become one pet, but they will have some glowing 'neon' spots. Players cannot change the color of the neon on their pet; the color of the neon spots is unique to that type of pet. To make the pet Full Grown, players complete tasks to get the pets from Newborn, to Junior, to Pre-Teen, to Teen, to Post-Teen, until they finally reach Full Grown and are eligible for neon making,
The only Pets that cannot be made Neon are the Pet Rock, Scoob, and Chick. The Pet Rock was a temporary pet available during the start of April 2020 as an April Fools joke and wasn’t tradable. However, on Twitter, there was a teaser of one of Adopt Me!'s team members riding a Neon Pet Rock. The Chick, which can be hatched out of the Easter 2020 Egg during the 2020 Roblox Egg Hunt, also cannot be traded, therefore making it impossible to make a Neon Chick (it is permanent) A neon version could only be obtained by a developer or hacker. If the players hatch the egg, players could receive the Chick Head as a hat in customizing profiles. Scoob, which was a temporary pet from the Scoob Event, cannot be traded, therefore making it impossible to create a Neon Scoob.
- Main article: Mega Neons
A Mega Neon Pet is a different type of Neon Pet that can be created with 4 regular Neon Pets. To do so, the player will have to re-grow their Neon Pets from reborn, twinkle, sparkle, flare, and sunshine all the way up until they reach ‘Luminous’ which is the ‘Full Grown’ stage for Neon Pets. Once the player creating the Mega Neon Pet has grown 4 Neon Pets to ‘Luminous’, they are able to fuse their spirits together in the Neon Cave to create a Mega Neon Pet. Mega Neon Pets glow a different rainbow color about every 1-3 seconds on their neon spots. Adopt Me! developers say that Mega Neon Pets can have a lot of uses, such as mood lighting, being a traffic light, and even an unusual keyboard. Some Mega Neons, like the Frost Dragon, only glow certain colors to suit their color palette, but it was changed to cycle through all the colors just like the Shadow Dragon during the Monkey Fairground update.
When you grow up a regular Neon Pet, each stage has a different name for the age you have grown it to.
Reborn - Newborn
Twinkle - Junior
Sparkle - Pre-Teen
Flare - Teen
Sunshine - Post-Teen
Luminous - Full Grown
- The amount of tasks needed to reach the next stage in a Neon Pet is the same as the corresponding stage in a regular pet.
- Is my Neon/Mega Neon Pet going to have a Fly-A-Pet Potion and a Ride-A-Pet Potion, if one of my pets has that potion?
- Yes, once all your pets have been aged up to Full Grown/Luminous, they will become Neon/Mega Neon, flyable, and rideable.
- If only one of your four pets is rideable, and another is flyable, when combined they will become Neon/Mega Neon, flyable, and rideable.
- If the only potion you have fed to any of your pets is a ride or fly potion, then your neon version of your pet will only be Neon/Mega Neon and flyable or rideable, depending on the potion you fed to one pet, not the both of them.
- If you have more than one pet that is either rideable, flyable, or both, the resulting neon will not give back the corresponding Ride-A-Pet Potion or Fly-A-Pet Potion.
- Neon Pets were part of an update and were not part of Adopt Me! when it was first released. The Neon Pets update was released on April 17, 2020.