Neon pets are a special type of Pet in Adopt Me!. Players can make a neon pet when they combine four fully grown Pets of the same type in the cave below the main bridge (aka the cave). They will fuse spirits and become one pet, but they will have some neon spots. Players cannot change the color of the neon on their pet; the color of the neon spots is unique to that type of Pet. To make the pet full-grown, players complete tasks to get the pets from Newborn, to Junior, to Pre-teen, to Teen, to Post-teen, until they finally reach Adulthood. The only Pets that cannot be made neon are the Pet Rock, Scoob, and Chick. The Pet Rock was a temporary pet available during the start of April 2020 as an April Fools Joke and wasn’t tradable. The Chick, which can be hatched out of the 2020 Easter Egg during the 2020 Roblox Egg Hunt also cannot be traded, therefore making it impossible to make a neon Chick (it is permanent). You will also get the chick egg as a hat in customizing profiles. Then Scoob, which is a temporary pet from the Scoob Event, cannot be traded, also making it impossible to create a neon Scoob. To simply make a neon pet you will have to get four of the same pet and go down to the neon cave under the bridge leading to the neighborhood and put each pet in the circle, then you will have a neon! BUT MAKE SURE THAT ALL PETS ARE FULLY LEVELED UP.
- Main article: Mega Neons
The Mega Neon pet is a different type of neon pet that can be created with 4 regular Neon Pets. To do so, the player will have to re-grow their neon pets until they reach ‘Luminous’ which is the ‘Full Grown’ stage for neon pets. Once the Player creating the Mega Neon pet has grown 4 neons to ‘Luminous’, they are able to fuse their spirits together in the neon chamber to create a Mega Neon. Mega Neons pets glow a different rainbow color about every 1-3 seconds on their neon spots. It makes the pet look nice. Adopt Me! Developers say that Mega Neon pets can have a lot of uses, such as mood lighting, being a traffic light, and even an unusual keyboard. Some mega neons, like the Frost Dragon, have different mega neon colors to suit their color palette. The Shadow Dragon originally had 3 colors, but was changed to rainbow during the Monkey Fairground update.
When you grow up a regular Neon Pet, it has a different age name.
Luminous (Full Grown)
- Is my mega neon/neon pet going to have a fly and a ride potion, if one of my pets has that potion?
- Yes. Once all your pets have been aged up to Full Grown, they will become Neon/Mega Neon, Flyable, and rideable.
- If only one of your four pets is rideable, and another is flyable, when combined they will become a Mega Neon/Neon Fly and Ride.
- If the only potion you have fed to any of your pets is a ride or fly potion, then your neon version of your pet will only be Mega Neon/Neon and Fly or Ride. (The one Potion you fed to one pet.)
- Neon pets were an update and were not part of Adopt Me! when it was first released.
- When a pet becomes neon it tends to gain value, because it is 4 pets in one