The Monkey King is a limited legendary pet. It requires 3 Staff Ingredients and a normal Monkey to be obtained. It can now only be obtained through trading or by using three Staff Ingredients, which could only be unlocked by purchasing Premium Monkey Boxes, costing 195 each. There is a 5% chance of getting the Staffs. It costs at least 585 (if not more) to obtain 3 Staff Ingredients without trading for them.
The Monkey King is a yellow and tan monkey with gold and red armor, inspired by the Chinese legendary figure "Sun Wukong." In its tail is the staff that is used to create the Monkey King. It also has a golden crown along with two red feathers that stand up and curl backwards.
- Newborn - Sit
- Junior - Lay Down
- Pre-Teen - Beg
- Teen - Joy
- Post-Teen - Trick 1
- Full Grown - Trick 2
The Neon version of the Monkey King has its staff, helmet feathers, and sleeves glowing light blue.
Mega Neon Appearance
The Mega Neon version of the Monkey King has its staff, helmet feathers, and sleeves cycling through the colors of the rainbow.
- It is quite difficult to get the Monkey King as you need 3 Staff Ingredients (found in the Premium Monkey Box, which costs 195 each). It is therefore more than six times harder to get than the Albino Monkey.
- The character that it is based on, Sun Wukong, is the god of trickery and is a protagonist featured in the book Journey to the West. He is known for rebelling against Heaven and being imprisoned under a mountain, 'Five Finger Mountain', by Buddha.
- The Monkey King is a very powerful figure in Chinese mythology- he is able to use a staff that normally weighs over eight tons; has defeated the dragons of the four seas; defeated Death and wiped not only his name, but all monkeys known to him out of the Book of Death thereby rendering him and all the monkeys' names he wiped immortal, ate all the apples of immortality, and laid waste to Heaven. Additionally, he is able to multiply, fly, ride a cloud, extend his staff to be able to touch the bottom of the sea, defeat entire countries single-handedly, defeated the King of the Ocean, and so on.
- Curiously, both the Ninja Monkey and the Monkey King share sitting and running animations (the former differentiating from the Ninja Monkey as it spins its staff while in sitting position). This is likely because both pets have Asian backgrounds, although it should be noted that Japan and China are two separate countries.
- The Monkey King has two exclusive tricks, Trick 1 and Trick 2, which both involve spinning the staff in various ways.
- After the Monkey Fairground event, you can’t make another Monkey King with 3 staff ingredients and a Monkey.