The only known activity in the event was opening Monkey Boxes. One of these boxes cost Robux and the other costs Bucks. The one that required Bucks bears a similar appearance to that of a Jack-In-The-Box, containing less rare pets and items than the one costing Robux. The Premium Monkey Box, costing Robux, has a much higher chance of getting better items. In either of these boxes, a player could claim random toys, vehicles, or food items along with the guaranteed Monkey.
During the Monkey Fairground Event, Monkey Ingredients were special toys that could be obtained by opening Monkey Boxes, and Premium Monkey Boxes. These special toys were used to create special types of monkey pets, that included the Monkey King, Business Monkey, Toy Monkey, and the Ninja Monkey.
Currently, Monkey Ingredients are unobtainable and can only be obtained through trading.
In total, there were four different Monkey Ingredients that players could obtain during the Monkey Fairground Event. The Monkey Ingredients could be combined in sets of three in order to obtain a specific type of monkey.
When opening Monkey Boxes, players were guaranteed a Monkey and some items along with it. These items could include the Ingredients that a player would need to create the Business Monkey, Toy Monkey, Ninja Monkey, and the Monkey King.
None of these specially-transformed Monkeys could be unboxed out of Monkey Boxes, only made. The only Monkeys that a player could unbox out of Monkey Boxes were the normal Monkey and the Albino Monkey.
Main Article: Monkey Boxes
|Premium Monkey Box||195||Legendary|
These are the prizes that one could obtain by opening one of the Monkey Boxes.
- Legendary items could only be obtained from Premium Monkey Boxes.
- The two monkeys that could be obtained directly from Monkey Boxes: The Albino Monkey and Monkey, have different chances of obtaining them from the other Rare/Legendary items.
- Normal Monkey Box will ALWAYS give a normal Monkey and two other items.
- Common items could not be obtained from Premium Monkey Boxes.
|Rarity (Chance in Monkey Box | Chance in Premium Monkey Box)|
|Common (45%|0%)||Cotton Candy|
|Uncommon (30%|45%)||Hypnotic Flying Disc||Clown Umbrella||Clown Unicycle|
|Rare (15%|30%)||Monkey (100%|90%)||Briefcase Ingredient||Cymbal Ingredient||Monkey Pogo|
|Ultra-Rare (10%|20%)||Scroll Ingredient||Clown Car||Monkey Propeller|
|Legendary (0%|5%)||Staff Ingredient||Albino Monkey (0%|10%)|
There are 6 types of obtainable Monkeys in this event. One is confirmed to be the normal Monkey, while the others include the Albino Monkey, Business Monkey, Toy Monkey, Monkey King, and Ninja Monkey.
|Pet||Image||Rarity||How to Get||Accessories|
( 600 | 100% chance)
( 195 | 90% chance)
|Business Monkey||Ultra-Rare||3 Briefcase Ingredients
(From Monkey Boxes)
|Toy Monkey||Ultra-Rare||3 Cymbal Ingredients
(From Monkey Boxes)
|Ninja Monkey||Legendary||3 Scroll Ingredients
(From Monkey Boxes)
|Monkey King||Legendary||3 Staff Ingredients
(From Premium Monkey Box)
|Monkey King Crown|
|Albino Monkey||Legendary||Premium Monkey Box
( 195 | 10% chance)
- In the Monkey Box, which is similar to the Rat Box, Bat Box, Ox Box, and Halloween Mummy Cat Box, players could obtain different types of pets through opening it.
- Adopt Me! announced that all monkeys have unique animations, although the Monkey and Albino Monkey learn the same tricks.
- This was the second event in Adopt Me! in which some of the pets came with pet accessories pre-attached to them, the first being the 2019 Christmas Event.
- Similar to the Dalmatian, the Shrew, the Hedgehog, the Summer Walrus, and the Golden Walrus, when the Dress Your Pets Live Event was released in Adopt Me!, players that had any of the special monkeys received a specific type of Pet Wear, which would be exclusive to that type of monkey only. If players had a neon version of any of the special monkeys, they would receive four of the pet accessories instead of just one.
- After the Monkey Fairground left, the Premium Monkey Box was still available in the shop. This was an error. Less than 30 minutes later, Adopt Me! did a small bug fix update and the Premium Monkey Box was removed from the shop.
- Players can no longer combine ingredients from the Monkey Box to create Monkey Pet Variants. However, they can still be traded.
- Although the event is meant to be recurring, it has so far only happened once.