The Kangaroo is a limited legendary pet, which was added to Adopt Me! on February 29, 2020. As it is now unavailable, it can only be obtained by trading or by hatching any remaining Aussie Eggs. Players have a 3% chance of hatching a legendary pet from the Aussie Egg, but only a 1.5% chance of hatching a Kangaroo.
The Kangaroo is mostly brown with a light beige underbelly, and the insides of its ears are tan. In addition, the Kangaroo also has a pouch in the light beige area of the underbelly, which a joey comes out of when you unlock Trick 2. It has two beady black eyes and a black nose. The eyebrows on the Kangaroo are a slightly darker shade of brown than on its body for better visibility.
Here are the tricks the Kangaroo learns in order:
- Newborn - Sit
- Junior - Lay Down
- Pre-Teen - Jump
- Teen - Beg
- Post-Teen - Trick 1
- Full Grown - Trick 2
When made Neon, the Kangaroo's ears, nose, tail, and feet glow a pastel yellow color.
Mega Neon Appearance
When made Mega Neon, the Kangaroo's ears, nose, tail, and feet cycle between pastel purple, pastel pink, pastel blue, pastel lavender, and white.
- The Kangaroo, along with the other seven Aussie Egg pets were released on February 28, 2020.
- The Kangaroo's first appearance was on the Kangaroo Stroller and Kangaroo Pogo, long before the official pet was released.
- The Kangaroo looks similar to the Kangaroo Stroller and the Kangaroo Pogo, these two are toys but the Kangaroo is a pet.
- The Kangaroo, Silly Duck, Frog, Snowman, Lamb and Stegosaurus are currently the only pets that move by jumping or hopping. When the Kangaroo hops, its arms go up, and its head moves back.
- The Aussie Egg resembles a Kangaroo, as they both have a belly pouch and similar ears.
- When it sleeps, instead of lying down, it sits and puts its head down.
- When a player zooms into the Kangaroo, they can see the joey's face in the Kangaroo's belly pouch. It can also be seen by feeding the pet a Translucent Tea Potion.
- One of its tricks, when it becomes Full Grown makes a baby kangaroo, also known as a joey, come out of its pouch. The Turtle has a similar trick.
- Kangaroos are the only pets in Adopt Me! that can raise their eyebrows.