The 2020 Halloween Event was an event in Adopt Me!. The event started on October 28, 2020, at 2:00 PM UTC and ended on the November 11, 2020, at 9:00 PM UTC.
The event's currency was Candy, which could be used to purchase Bat Boxes, pets, toys, and vehicles in this update. A new Robux pet was introduced, the Cerberus, and there was a temporary event pet, the pet Pumpkin. Candy could've been obtained through the two minigames: Spirit Showdown and Pumpkin Smash. Players would receive 200 from the Headless Horseman daily. Players could also buy Candy with Robux.
Players could play two minigames to earn candy; Spirit Showdown and Pumpkin Smash. Players had to wait 30 minutes once a minigame finished to play again.
In the Spirit Showdown Minigame, players captured a Ghost Bunny by spam clicking on it or holding their mouse. After they click at it a single time, the Ghost Bunny automatically starts getting captured by their spirit vacuum. When players used their spirit vacuum on a Ghost Bunny, their score went up. The higher the score, the more candy players earned. In the second stage of Spirit Showdown, players would battle the Boss Ghost Bunny, a giant Neon Ghost Bunny. It attacked by charging and spinning into and knocking over players, and raining particles under them which inverted the controls of the players (such as that with the WASD keys, the W key goes backwards and the S key goes forwards). When a player came into contact with the Boss Ghost Bunny, a fear effect was applied on them which froze the player in place for a few seconds. The purplish-pink aura around the boss ghost, as mentioned by @PlayAdoptMe on YouTube, was where its range of hit was. To not get affected by fear, or getting flung backwards, players would stay out of the aura to avoid the aura. The aura would only appear to players if they had their graphics at a certain setting.
In this minigame, players would "smash" through pumpkins to earn more candy by running through large floating pumpkins. The large half-pumpkins act as jump pads, and they could use them to get to higher ground where there were more pumpkins to smash, or to smash the pumpkins stacked vertically on top of the jump pads. After completing the game for the first time, players could earn a temporary flyable and rideable Pumpkin pet. As players smashed pumpkins, their boost bar went up. When the boost bar was full, each pumpkin the player smashed earned double points. Additionally, players ran faster after collecting 4 pumpkins for a short amount of time, allowing players to collect more of the pumpkins.
- Main article: Bat Box
To obtain Bat pets, players had to open a Bat Box. Players could open either a Bat (Uncommon) or an Albino Bat (Ultra-Rare). There was a 1/5 (20%) chance to get an Albino Bat, whereas there was a 4/5 (80%) chance to get a Bat.
These items were obtainable during the Halloween Event (2020) for a limited amount of time. They could have been bought with Candy while they were still available in one of the Halloween shops.
|Eyeball Rattle||Common||Click to shake||250|
|Crystal Ball Rattle||Uncommon||Click to shake||400|
|Pumpkin Stroller||Rare||Carries one pet or baby||1,250|
|Spider Grappling Hook||Rare||Click to fire grappling hook and be pulled to that location||800|
|Star & Moon Propeller||Rare||Click to be propelled upwards and jump to stop||950|
|Rib Guitar||Ultra-Rare||Click to play music||1,750|
|Skull Drum||Ultra-Rare||Click to play music||1,500|
|Ribcage Carriage||Legendary||E (or click) to ride, space bar (or jump button) to dismount.||3,000|
|Free (Complete Pumpkin Smash Minigame
for the first time)
(Bat Box | 4 in 5 chance)
|Albino Bat||Ultra-Rare|| 1,000
(Bat Box | 1 in 5 chance)
- On October 17, a picture of the concept art of Cerberus was revealed in a tweet from Adopt Me!.
- This is the second event that brought in a reskin of a pet that had just been released: the Skele-Rex (replacing the T-Rex).
- The first event that did this was the Christmas Event (2019) with the Frost Dragon and Shadow Dragon.
- The event was supposed to be released on October 27, but it was delayed to the day after.
- This was the third time the Headless Horseman made an appearance in a Halloween event. The Headless Horseman has been featured in the 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Halloween Events.
- Similarly to the Rat Box, the Bat Box had two pets that players can get.
- Compared to the 2019 Halloween Event, Candy was much harder to earn. However, the items and pets in last year's event were much more expensive. The most expensive pet players could buy with Candy in 2019's Halloween event, the Bat Dragon, cost 180,000. The most expensive pet in this year's event is the Skele-Rex, only costing 10,000.
- The Cerberus stayed after the update, and has been relocated to the Pet Shop along with the Griffin, Panda, Horse, Sloth, Axolotl, Robo Dog, Peacock, Guardian Lion, Red Squirrel and Kitsune, the other Robux costing pets. It is the second pet that came in a holiday event that costs Robux to be relocated there with the first being the Panda and the third being the Guardian Lion.
- This event featured the third Temporary pet, the Pumpkin, after Pet Rock and Scoob, and the second event pet.