The Fossil Egg is a limited legendary egg in Adopt Me! that costs 750. It was released on October 10, 2020, replacing the Aussie Egg. It was replaced by the Ocean Egg on April 16th, 2021. The Fossil Egg is no longer obtainable and can now only be obtained through trading.
The Fossil Egg is a green, brown, and tan colored egg. The egg has a tail that is green on the top and yellow on the other side. It also has little dirt smudges around the egg, indicating it from the past, and scales on the back which are brown. The Fossil Egg represents many features of the Fossil Egg pets, such as the spikes and tail.
Fossil Egg Pets
- The Fossil Isle Excavation event was released a week prior to the Fossil Egg’s release, teasing the pets that would be available in the egg.
- Players sometimes referred to the Fossil Egg as the Dino Egg since Adopt Me! has previously tweeted the emojis "dino" and "egg". However, it was later confirmed through an official announcement that the upcoming egg would be referred to as the “Fossil Egg”.
- The Fossil Egg, along with the Ocean Egg, have the highest legendary hatch rate out of the other Gumball Machine eggs.
- On October 10th, the day that the Fossil Egg was released, 1.7 million players were on Adopt Me!, breaking the previous record for the largest amount of concurrent online players, which was also held by Adopt Me!.
- Adopt Me! revealed the Dodo before the release of the Fossil Isle Excavation event, though it was unknown what rarity it was at the time. The Dodo was the first pet to be teased before the update.
- The Fossil Egg is the Gumball Machine egg with the most pets in Adopt Me!.
- This is the only Gumball Machine egg that contains 2 common pets, the first egg to have 1 common pet was the Farm Egg.
- The Fossil Egg is the third limited time egg to contain multiple legendary pets.
- It is also the first limited egg to have 3 uncommon and rare pets.
- The Fossil Egg is one of the four Gumball Machine eggs that represents one of the pets inside it, the others being the Safari Egg, Farm Egg, and Aussie Egg.