The Fossil Egg is a limited legendary egg in Adopt Me! that could be purchased for 750. It was released on October 10, 2020, replacing the Aussie Egg. It was also replaced by the Ocean Egg on April 16, 2021. The Fossil Egg is no longer obtainable and can now only be obtained through trading.
The Fossil Egg is a green, brown, and tan colored egg. The egg has a green tail with a yellow bottom. There are little dirt smudges around the egg as well as brown scales on its back. The Fossil Egg represents many features of the Fossil Egg pets; these features are shown in the egg's spikes and tail.
Fossil Egg Pets
- The Fossil Isle Excavation event was released a week prior to the Fossil Egg’s release, teasing the pets that would be available in the egg.
- Players sometimes referred to the Fossil Egg as the Dino Egg since Adopt Me! has previously tweeted the emojis "dino" and "egg". However, it was later confirmed through an official announcement that the upcoming egg would be referred to as the “Fossil Egg”.
- The Fossil Egg, along with the Ocean Egg and Mythic Egg, have the highest legendary hatch rate out of the other Gumball Machine eggs.
- On October 10th, the day that the Fossil Egg was released, 1.7 million players were on Adopt Me!, breaking the previous record for the largest amount of concurrent online players, which was also held by Adopt Me!.
- Adopt Me! revealed the Dodo before the release of the Fossil Isle Excavation event, though it was unknown what rarity it was at the time. The Dodo was the first pet to be teased before the update.
- The Fossil Egg is the Gumball Machine egg with the most pets in Adopt Me!.
- This is the only Gumball Machine egg that contains two common pets; the first egg to have one common pet was the Farm Egg.
- The Fossil Egg is the third limited egg to contain multiple legendary pets.
- The Fossil Egg is also the first limited egg to have three uncommon and rare pets.
- The Fossil Egg is one of the four Gumball Machine eggs that represents one of the pets inside it, the others being the Safari Egg, Farm Egg, and Aussie Egg.