The Emu is a limited rare pet that was added to Adopt Me! along with the Aussie Egg on February 29, 2020. As it is now unavailable, it can only be obtained by trading or by hatching any remaining Aussie Eggs. Players have a 27% chance of hatching a rare pet from the Aussie Egg, but only a 13.5% chance of hatching an Emu. The other rare pet in the Aussie Egg is the Australian Kelpie.
The Emu has a light brown head, long neck and feet, small beady black eyes, a darker brown body, and a dark gray beak.
Here are the tricks the Emu can learn in order:
- Newborn - Sit
- Junior - Lay Down
- Pre-Teen - Bounce
- Teen - Roll Over
- Post-Teen - Backflip
- Full Grown - Dance
In its Neon form, the Emu's beak, wings, and feet all glow a bright orange color.
Mega Neon Appearance
- It is the fifth pet to have a long neck, with the first being the Flamingo, the second being the Giraffe, the third being the Llama, and the fourth being the Swan.
- It is the fourth pet duck in the game. The duck pets include the Swan, Silly Duck, and Drake.
- An Emu grows wings when flying, like the Silly Duck, Turkey, Drake, Flamingo, and Dodo, instead of using its actual small wings.
- It is the only bird pet from the Aussie Egg.
- The Emu and Flamingo have similar animations and both appear bright orange in their Neon version.